Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Reach it!"

Noah does the cutest new thing. It all started with wanting to reach the moon. He has always loved gazing at the moon and the other night he reached out his little arm with a grasping motion toward the moon and said, "Reach it. Touch it." I didn't want to disappoint him, but I had to unfortunately be the bearer of bad news. I said, "We can't reach it honey. It's too far away. But if I could, I would take it out of the sky and give it to you." So now we have the same conversation every time he sees the moon. It goes something like this. Noah says, "Moon (reaching while grasping). Too far. Far away."

Now there's a new twist. Noah enjoys looking at the pipes on the roof of our condo complex. He said, "Reach it. (when he realizes he can't reach it, he says, "Too far. Far away." Daddy said one time that we need a ladder to get to the pipes. So the other day, we were gazing at the moon and he said, "Reach it. Far away. LADDER!!!"

No comments: