Wednesday, May 27, 2009

That was easy!

So Noah is potty trained! Whew! After he turned three, I decided it was time. We had read lots of books, talked a lot about using the potty, and he dabbled in going pee in the toilet here and there. So basically I just told him we weren't going to wear diapers anymore (except during nap and night time) and he was down. He did ask for diapers here and there, but I prompted him to just go in the toilet. After a few accidents the first few days, and some delays in going #2 on the toilet, he got it. Just like that. No rewards, lots of praise, and a few accidents and then two weeks later, we are fully potty trained. I guess you would call it potty learned. So the combo for us was: Noah was ready, I was ready, we put slight pressure on him, and we took the diapers away completely. Now he can hold it like a champ and go anywhere. Even went #2 at Starbuck's the other day. I have to admit, I thought it would be a lot more time consuming, stressful, and drawn out. Not so! Congratulations big man!

No comments: