Friday, February 13, 2009

First Friends




I am really enjoying watching Noah blossom in the social area. His first real friend (whom he asked for and talked about) was Gavin, a three-year old boy across the street. Noah started asking for Gavin randomly after hanging out with him a few times and would cry when Gavin left. Then he would say things like, "I love Gavin. I love sharing with Gavin." Soooo cute! (although he doesn't always *really* love sharing with Gavin;)

Noah is also learning that he can not only play with adults, but that he can play *with* other kids (and it's a lot more fun I'm sure). Last weekend at a birthday party, a little girl around four years old grabbed Noah by the arms and said, "Let's play ring around the rosie!" Noah looked dismayed and jolted at first, but after he went along with the game, he had the hugest smile and kept asking her to play again and again. That was the first *real* time he's actually played with instead of next to another child. It was completely heartwarming:)

Today at the park, another little boy, around four years old, named Jake wanted to play with Noah's ball. Noah did NOT want to share. So I suggested they take turns kicking the ball back and forth to each other. After contemplating this idea, Noah reluctantly kicked the ball to Jake (I was secretly giddy inside, as Noah has NOT been following my suggestions lately). They played together for quite awhile, kicking and throwing the ball back and forth to each other. I am so proud of and excited for my little guy!

No comments: