Saturday, February 28, 2009

Potty Learning...

Noah is learning to use the potty! He is 33 months old now. We've been talking about it for a long time, reading books, using encouragement (and trying to avoid the whole "training" thing) and now he is actually motivated and making the connection! It's very exciting and I'm proud of him for learning all on his own, on his own terms. He's been going around the house nakey for awhile, having a few accidents here and there and going in the toilet once in awhile with some encouragement, but about 95% of the time, he goes to the toilet on his own. Sometimes when we put his pants on or undies, he forgets and the connection is somewhat lost, but in the familiar places (home, parks) he definitely has the connection. He even went #2 the other day, which I was worried might never happen! Here's a funny story. The other day we were at a park with no bathrooms and I told Noah he could go on the grass. He pulled his pants down right in front of two teenagers and proceeded to release himself! They were mortified and embarrassed, while Noah and I were super excited!

I can't believe how fast my little guy is growing up...

No comments: