Saturday, February 28, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Yoga

Last week Noah and I tried out this cute little mommy and me yoga class in Laguna Beach with some friends. Noah was slightly distracted in the class, but would do the poses with a little encouragement from the sweet, patient instructor. I bought a book with yoga routines for toddlers and began incorporating one of the routines into our home life. Noah loves it! He asks to do yoga all the time, specifically downward dog, lunge, and warrior poses. He's pretty good at it! I learned some poses that are suppose to calm "spirited" children (like Noah!) and help digestion and sleep. I'm excited to share something I am passionate about with him and it's great to have yet another bonding activity for us to enjoy together during our sometimes long days. I hope it instills a respect for the mind-body connection in him and that he can build on this foundation with healthy outlets later in life. We're so lucky to be able to do things like this together!

No comments: